25 February 2009

not always sunshine and roses...

Last week in City Group, we were asked the question,"What makes you anxious?"

Immediately I thought, drivingSeriously?

I paid off my car in December, not even a full year after purchasing it. Sweet.

But the constant noises and tire problems have recently begun to turn my stomach. Boo.

Literally. Makes me ill when driving or thinking about it. Ugh.

After installing new struts, shocks, a battery and hanging a strawberry air freshener on the rearview mirror, I remain haunted.

The stupid front-end (most likely the struts, whose springs may not have been tightened properly) is making ungodly creaking noises. To the point at which it feels the wheels may pop off and roll away behind me as I'm driving along, trying not to vomit.

Incredible.

So, yeah. Driving. Guess you could say it makes me anxious these days.

1 comment:

dina said...

amber + cars + driving = anxiety?? never thought i'd see the day.

irony... pure irony.