25 January 2012

posture of my heart

I want to see things the way God does...

So much of what has been floating around my head lately is how to love better and be thankful daily.

Practicing Eucharisteo. Communion with our Creator. The stuff Ann blogs about.
 
I want to live in freedom, fully embracing Christ's love and redemption every moment of every day. And giving thanks in all circumstances.
 
Not just feeling empathy and compassion for the homeless people I drive by on my way home or the single mom in the grocery store, but even loving and being thankful for the seemingly annoying situations and "roosters." (longer story there, but let's just say they are not my favorite creatures, but they are God's creation and my annoyance with them is unholy!)
 
Driving from home group last night I found myself frustrated with the person in front of me who was driving 10mph under the speed limit in the left lane... this is just moments after I had prayed to be more loving and less judgmental to others.

So, I pulled my foot off the accelerator and immediately began talking to the Lord about my attitude and heart... it can be so ugly in there. Filling up with His Words each morning but then choosing my own throughout the day.

It's difficult to walk each step in the Spirit.

I'm praying to see things the way HE does. Will you  join me in that prayer?

I need Him so much.

No comments: