02 November 2008

my guzzle

The papers on my desk are a mile high
My brain is running, it just might fly

I like flouncy skirts and flip-flops
My dog bites bubbles and makes them pop

My fingers can't think
My eyes won't blink

I'm thinking of last year at the beach
When all that guy did was preach

The screen is starting to fuzz
The light in the room continues to buzz

My roommate is talking on the phone
The girl next door won't leave me alone

I like sandy shores and umbrellas
The best snack is pretzels and Nutella.

Amber Kinneer
April 7, 2005 

...I found a bunch of college writing and will be posting it at random. This is the only time I was forced to rhyme. Painful assignment.

3 comments:

dina said...

oh amber. now all that's stuck in my head is that LFO song:

new kids on the block had a bunch of hits
chinese food makes me sick
and i think it's fly
when girls stop by for the summer


until i got to the end, i thought you were writing your own version of that song! :-D

Amber Rose said...

ROFL!

Anonymous said...

i took a writing class in 2005 as well...it was an utterly painful experience being forced into their ideas of what words should be!