Wednesday 9:35pm
Eli: Hey, Amber, wanna help me vacuum in the morning?
Arrrrghh, I have a meeting at work and we don't have a vacuum right now; didn't you just drop it off at the repair shop?
Eli: Yeah, but I'm going to pick up [Aunt] Maggie's in the morning. She has one of those Rainbow's.
::loud gasp of excitement::
::bare feet skipping across tile floor through the living room and kitchen::
I appear in the doorway with an expression matching that of someone who was just told she won $1,000,000 dollars.
Really?! A REAL, live, actual, RAINBOW vacuum?!
::Eli laughs, cocking her head to the side a bit::
Eli: Um, yes! You should see your face. Should I go get it now?!
Absolutely.
Eli: It's almost 10pm.
So?!
Eli: Okay, I’ll be right back.
For the next two hours, elation plastered my face as I cleaned the entire house... every nook and cranny, carpet, corner, couch cushion, dog bed and floor board.
I even texted my mother, You'll never believe it. I get to vacuum with a Rainbow! Just like the one we had growing up.
My mother replied: "You need help."
Perhaps I do, but it's the little things in life I take great joy in. Things like a vacuum cleaner that I didn't know still existed (because I hadn't bothered to search for it). We used the Rainbow every week of my life and I always felt it outperformed every other machine on the market. When we moved from Florida to North Carolina, it was broken and on it's last leg anyway. My mother disowned it somewhere between one of the 5 homes our family lived in since 1999.
My late-night clean sweep proved the Rainbow (in my opinion) remains the highest performing, low maintenance vacuum cleaner ever invented.
Simply glorious.
No comments:
Post a Comment