17 January 2011

no fear in death

A million thoughts run through my mind this morning. I listen to my favorite podcast and find myself in tears as I pull into work. I click off my iPod and tuck it away, reminded of how fragile life is. Saddened by the story I heard because Brian thought death was his only option. He thought he was curing himself of some disease... but really he left behind heartache.

Trudging into LH, my polkadot rain boots flop against my shins. I look around the gloomy acreage and feel tiny drops falling from trees that line the path.

Reflecting on yesterday's sermon and how our life on earth is like flipping a switch ::click:: we never know when it will be lights out. We are just vapor that appears for a little while and then vanishes.

I lift my laptop open and click on Ann's blog ready for my daily dose of warmth.

Her words leap from the page and I tear up, knowing the many reasons we -- believers -- can have no fear in death. I'm reminded of all I have to be grateful for.

I leave you with the final verse of In Christ Alone:
No guilt of life, no fear in death
This is the power of Christ in me
From life’s first cry to final breath
Jesus commands my destiny
No power of hell, no scheme of man
Can ever pluck me from His hand
‘til He returns or calls me home
Here in the power of Christ I’ll stand

Multitude Monday
21. waking early and starting my week fresh
22. those He has put in my path who i can be salt and light to this week
23. a voice to sing praises
24. tears in joy and sadness
25. cool, rainy days when drops fall from trees and tickle my nose

No comments: