23 September 2008

food for thought...

Christ-followers will always be politically diverse. Following Him alongside people who talk, think, and act differently than you is not optional. If you refuse to do so, then you refuse to pursue Christ. The moment at which you wish to see someone crash and burn because they think differently than you - you have stopped following Jesus. The moment at which hate begins to burn in your heart towards another person, for whom Jesus died, because they disagree with you on policy - you have stopped loving Jesus. The moment you stop seeking justice, love, kindness and a humble walk with God - you have stopped following Jesus. So, we repent when necessary, and remember that policy and governance never change the human heart - the Gospel does. The breadth of Christ's good news must fuel our passion and guide our minds, hearts and feet in every sphere of life.
~Isaac Hunter, pastor at Summit Church (excerpt from Truth about Politics)

I went to Summit when I first moved here, but not anymore. The people who lived in this house prior to Sarah and I get mail from them so I was reading through the latest publication and found this article. Good stuff.

1 comment:

dina said...

i love this... love love love it... and will probably hijack it for use on my blog or facebook. :)