07 February 2011

giving up self-focus for God-communion

isn't that what eucharisteo is? isn't that what ann's been inadvertently pounding into my head through this book?

being dared to live fully right where i am.

spending time each day to write down my thanks. to give Him glory for all the ways He shows me love. to praise Him for soul blessings. heartfelt gratitude.

praying to become more Christ-focused... giving up me. letting go of self. dying to all i hold dear so He might commune with me.

i look forward to re-reading and discussing with eli and hilda.

...wild sweet orange hot tea
...sandhill cranes greeting me as i walk into work
...clean brake fluid
...wildberry juicy juice
...the Word of God scrolled across the top of my bookshelf (isaiah 40:10-11)

2 comments:

Craig said...

I’m here from Ann’s. Sorry so late but it takes a long time to get through all of these gratitude lists – and comment like I mean it.

First, I joined you in this prayer – praying these words of your – for you, that you “become more Christ-focused... giving up self. dying to all you hold dear so He might commune with you”

And my fave your list?

...the Word of God scrolled across the top of my bookshelf (isaiah 40:10-11)
This was a really good thing to read today (I think the first Bible Verse I ever memorized :)

God Bless and Keep You and all of yours

Amber Rose said...

thanks! :)