"The only way to see God manifested in the world around is with the eyes of Jesus within." -Ann Voskamp
Reading Ann's book is like peeling back years from my skin and remembering what it was like to feel His presence. Not that I don't now days, but I feel in many ways, I've allowed life to swallow me whole. Diving deep into the mouth of work, play, friends, sleep, eat, repeat. My Savior still waits for me to commune with Him daily. He longs to hear from me, me who disappoints, sins, fails and begs forgiveness of recurring sin. He never tires, never looks away, never shrugs me off. Oh, but how often have I done just that to His Majesty? The thought saddens me.
Learning, re-teaching myself to set my gaze upon my Lord. It's work. Discipline. Dying to self.
Thankful for His grace. Thankful for community to walk through this life with.
The list keeps growing and I only pray my heart continues to meld toward Him...
61. soft carpet in early morning
62. bananas after tummy ache
63. cold water on parched throat
64. surprise date night at ravenous pig
65. doctors who can wait 'til morn
66. jess' extra umbrella
67. celebrating our city beautiful
68. ikea insanity
69. no blood after broken wine glass
70. conflict resolution
71. a day to rest and banish cough
72. centracare help
73. hydrocodone to stifle my cough
74. a bed to sleep peaceful
75. alkaseltzer cold & cough
76. cityworship
77. phil & sara visiting from germany
78. cornhole with friends
79. homemade burgers
80. laughing over dinner
81. sweet jhan making me tea
82. prayers of the faithful
83. book of common prayer
84. mpd annual plan
85. phoning fiona
1 comment:
So glad we got to see you and meet your guy. Such a highlight of our time in the States.
Post a Comment