08 February 2011

just when i thought my day was over...

I don’t know if it’s spiritual warfare or discouragement but I’m fighting it hard.

After sideswiping my friend’s bumper at Aiguille (Honda Civic) last night I thought my troubles were over...

But no.

After my awesome morning of fainting and shots I thought for sure things were going to settle down.

Nope.

I came home to a very sick Jaime. Pretty sure it's the flu. He’s dead to the world. I have to take him to CentraCare in the morning, praying Tamiflu will work in time.

So then, after being late for small group I’m walking out the door and bump my arm on the doorframe. The arm with the tetanus shot. OUCH.

THEN, driving home from small group I saw a moped driving with no lights. I rolled down my window to yell, “Turn your lights on!” just as I slammed into a Honda (yes, another Honda Civic!) in front of me who was stopped at the ever-so-red light.

The girl was totally gracious and kind (and smelled of mint -why do I keep remembering that?)... We checked out her bumper with my flashlight. She said, “No biggie, I think it’s fine.” After I asked 5 more times, “Are you sure?” we parted ways.

I got in my car and bawled.

I drove home, came into my room and bawled.

I took my last dose of hydrocodone and bawled some more.
I’m so frustrated that I’m still coughing and this sickness threatens to return!

As for satan, he can kiss my pretty little big toes. He doesn’t get the glory.

I’m still practicing eucharisteo...

131. safe body even though bruised cars
132. writers devos
133. eli’s omelet offer (with salsa, my fav)
134. cool morning air
135. spice scented room
136. the privilege of modern medicine – even shots
137. tamiflu
138. honda civic bumpers under $200
139. fellowship with the body of Christ – worth the bump on the arm
140. sydney is doing 100% better and recovering each day

I love writers row — thank you for being there for me, listening to me, praying for me, laughing with me and being my friends.

No comments: