15 July 2008

my day in a nutshell

It is quite amazing what can be accomplished in thirteen hours. Let's see: running, lifting (whopping 10lb weights) phone calls, e-mails, Facebook messages, voice-mails, text messages, snail mailing bday cards and thank you's, grocery shopping for cranberry juice, ketchup and nectarines, playing with dogs, making lunch, practicing piano, more phone calls, e-mails, Facebook messages, voice-mails, texts, figuring out why my camera usb is defective, going to the post office, making dinner, feeding the dogs, playing with the dogs again, making a few more phone calls and then my favorite activity of the day... playing on the monkey bars at the middle school playground down the street. Whew! What a day.

Yes, you just read a semi-thorough run down of my day in the form of a to-do list. Rocking awesome.

I am so thankful for my friends. Christine has been such a huge influence and encouragement. We have been able to vent, motivate and pray for one another the past week and I don't know what I would do without her. I've also been surprised by a few people who have been lifting me up prayerfully and corresponding with me via text, phone and e-mail. So blessed!

There was a moment today when I totally forgot where I was. It was early morning and I was sitting in a big adirondack chair on the deck. A nice breeze was rustling the woods behind the house. The air smelled clean and almost fall-like. I'd say it was about 74 degrees, 40% humidity. Almost perfect. Reminded me of growing up in Seminole, doing school work on the patio in the early mornings when it was cool, right around mid September. I could hear muffled conversation wafting in and out of the open windows as my parents readied themselves for work. Little puffs of Polo Sport were drifting through the screen masked with a bit of Breakfast Blend Seattle's Best. Fantastic indeed.

Then I snapped out of it and continued making phone calls, all the while thanking the Lord for the comforts of home.

No comments: