22 August 2008

above and beyond

I made an unexpected stop at Ann Taylor LOFT yesterday upon seeing their "end of summer clearance" sign. I love the dresses at LOFT - great investments. 

I'm totally digging this super cute summer dress that was marked down from $79.99. Problem: there are tears in the straps and the clasp is coming off near the zipper. Out of curiosity I asked the sales clerk if they had any other sizes in the back or at a store nearby. Negative. She asks what's wrong so I show her.

Lisa proceeds to take out a sewing kit and begins sewing up the tears and clasp (while there are customers in line). In the midst of hemming, she slides me a 25% off coupon for the friends and family private sale which just so happens to begin that day. "You should use this," she mutters through her teeth as a sneaky smile flashes across her face...

I'm totally blown away by her kindness and going out of her way to make sure I'm satisfied with my purchase. I keep thanking her and she asks, "you want this dress don't you?" to which I reply, "yes, absolutely." "Well, then..." she replies and finishes the last few stitches.

$22.50 greatly invested.

No comments: