12 August 2008

welcome to my life...

I've been pretty domestic this past month. Being at home for the majority of the day allows for much productivity and homemaking practices. Just call me Martha.

Whipping up dinner for me and my bro, Josh has been an almost-daily craft. The kid is eating better than he ever does when I'm not around. 

Tonight I was enlightened by my misuse of an electric can opener. One might think this is an easy contraption to operate. Assume nothing. We know where that gets us. 

After opening a can of carrots, baked beans and sloppy joe mix, I was ready to throw that stupid appliance out the back door. I blew through kitchen drawers like a tornado on the loose in Kansas somewhere, looking for a good old-fashioned manually operated can opener. Surprise of all surprises: my parents do not own one. Really? How is that even possible?

I'm guessing my other bro, Ross got the "house extra" (aka: the only one) when he moved out. Unbelievable and slightly entertaining to say the least.

This is what I get for making a throw-together meal. Sticking with made-from-scratch next time... watch out Mr. Can Opener.

No comments: