08 August 2008

psalms and hippie coffee shops

"...for I will trust in Your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in Your salvation. I will sing to the Lord for He has been good to me." Psalm 13:5-6

I love the Psalms- especially in song. Shane & Shane do it best, in my opinion.

On Tuesday, I was at Helios in Raleigh with Jessica. Here's a glimpse into one of the many sporadic exchanges that took place:
jess: you know why we're such good friends?
me: why?
jess: because we're rule following rebels who enjoy hippie, non-chain coffee shops and get to act like 4 year olds together
me: *laughs in agreement* word

"If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal... if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails." I Corinthians 13

I don't want to be a resounding gong.

No comments: