31 August 2008

let the games begin

GO GATORS! 56-10 over Hawaii in their 19th consecutive season-opener (longest current streak in the SEC). Four rushing touchdowns, three by running backs. Nice guys.

Sophomore Ahmad Black was quite the star today, leading the Gator defense in six turnovers. 

Black snatched two interceptions and wowed the crowd with an 80-yard return for a touchdown. This 80-yard return marked the eighth-longest interception return in UF history and the longest run since Tony George's 89-yard return against Tennessee in 1997. Word to your mother.

I'd love to see Tebow lead the Gators to a National Championship this year. I think they can do it.

I'm very disappointed with the VT Hokies, Clemson Tigers and Michigan Wolverines. I mean, seriously? Big upsets for my college pick'em... grrr. I know a lot of Clemson fans who are slightly nauseous tonight after getting owned by Alabama. Yeah... maybe it's time to play some football boys.

I like driving. Wish I could blog while driving because I have some of the greatest streams of thought while on the road. The problem comes in trying to recreate it hours later sitting here in front of my screen and trying to form coherent sentences. Maybe I'll take a stab at it after a good nights sleep.

Oh, did I mention how stoked I am about football season finally arriving??! :) WOOT!

No comments: